I love movies, always have, always will. I love good movies even more! So, I decided it was time to make sure I've seen what's commonly accepted as the 100 greatest, as decided by the AFI. Some of the movies on the list I've seen a million times, some I've seen maybe once when I was little. With the help of my streaming subscription to Netflix, and getting my little red envelopes in the mail too, I will definitely conquer this list - and I can't wait! Please feel free to watch along or add comments about your movies as I watch them! Get the popcorn and milkduds ready!

Saturday, September 20, 2014

#7 Lawrence of Arabia

1962
Director: David Lean
Starring: Peter O'Toole, Omar Shariff, Alec Guiness, Claude Rains, Anthony Quinn

Peter O'Toole stars as T.E. Lawrence (or "Aurance" as he is called by the Arabs he meets and ultimately befriends and leads.  He is conflicted and brave at times, but always different.  Acting on all fronts is done well.  The whole movie is an adventure.  




Trivia: Peter O'Toole claims he never viewed the completed film until nearly two decades after its original release, by which time he was highly impressed.

Up Next: Gone with the Wind

No comments:

Post a Comment